Get Ready for Fun!!!
Every year, girls experience a wonderful week at Howdy Day Camp. It is a time of fun and friendship through outdoor Learning and rewarding experiences. This year’s camp theme will Expose girls to a variety of career possibilities in addition to the time-honored camp events.
Campers are placed by school grade from different troops to promote new friendships while experiencing nature
activities, crafts, snacks and cookouts. Girls in the Campcraft and Aides-in-Training units also participate in an overnight campout.
The entire camp is planned and run by caring and responsible adult volunteers who are trained in program and
safety and meet all GSUSA and state requirements.
- Any girl may attend. Girls who are not currently Girl Scout must pay the $25 Girl Scout registration fee at www.gsctx.org. The best time to complete registration with Girl Scouts of Central Texas is AFTER April 1, 2020, when you may take advantage of the EXTENDED YEAR MEMBERSHIP REDUCED PRICE OF $35. This registration is good through September 31, 2021 and allows for your girl to get involved in traditional troop, council lead programs, or simply be registered as a Girl Scout for next years Camp Howdy Day Camp.
- Your daughter may request to be in unit with one friend. Buddy requests should match. They must be in the same grade,
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 30, 2020.
The registration process (online registration application, health form, immunization record and payment) must be completed by midnight April 30th.
What will Day Camp cost?
Fees include a t-shirt and all program costs. Campcraft and AIT costs include the overnight campout. Note that we require everyone to wear the camp T-shirt every day. If you don’t want to wash every day, you can order extra shirts at a small additional cost. Adult volunteers receive one t-shirt free.
|Participants||Early Regis tration FeeMarch 17 – April 15||Regular Registration FeeApril 16 – 30|
|Campers, girls entering 1st through 5th grade||$40||$50|
|Campcraft, girls entering 6th grade||$55||$65|
|Aide-in-Training, girls entering 7th grade and up||$55||$65|
|Aide, girls who complted Aide-in-Training||$12||$22|
|Broncos, boys entering 1st through 6th grade of full-time adult volunteers||$25||$35|
|Pixies, pre-school children of full-time adult volunteers||No Charge||No Charge|
Refund policy: Full refund if cancel by May 1. If between May 1 and May 15, refund will be fee-$10. No refunds after May 15.
To receive the early registration discounted fee, registration must be completed and all forms submitted by April 17, 2020 (health and immunization record), otherwise all forms must be submitted by April 30, 2020. Registration closes midnight on April 30, 2020.
What to Wear
It’s really important that girls and adults dress appropriately for camp.
• Be sure to wear closed-toe shoes with socks (athletic shoes or other comfortable walking shoes). NO SANDALS.
• Everyone should wear her camp t-shirt every day. Additional t-shirts may be ordered if you don’t want to wash every day.
• A hat is required to keep bugs out of your hair and the sun off your nose.
• NO SHORT-SHORTS.
• Sunscreen and insect repellent should be applied at home.
Following these rules will make camp fun and easy for everyone.
What Else Does My Camper Need?
• Each camper should bring a package of non-perishable healthy snacks to Open House. These will be shared by the units throughout the week.
• Either Wednesday or Thursday will be designated “Cookout Day” for each unit. All other days everyone should bring a sack lunch in a large Ziploc-type bag labeled with name and unit number. On cookout day, campers will need a plate, bowl, fork and spoon.
• Everyone needs a water bottle that can be carried. Ask your troop leader or unit leader about easy ways to do this.
• A complete change of clothing should be delivered to your unit leader in a large Ziploc-type bag including underwear and socks.
• A small backpack is handy for carrying stuff each day. Include a large garbage bag that can be used as a raincoat in case of rain.
• A letter will be mailed to each camper about two weeks before camp with detailed information about your camper’s unit and emergency procedures.
Contact either of the Camp Directors:
Lis Soto / Mrs. Rainbow 979-422-8236
Amy York 979-777-8829